What is Aladdin Connect?
The school uses the Aladdin Schools software service www.aladdin.ie for administrative purposes and Connect will give you secure access to messages from the school and to details of your child’s attendance, test results, reports cards etc via secure login from your internet browser or Aladdin Connect App
Aladdin Connect is a fantastic way to enhance a school’s communication with parents. It enables parents to stay connected and informed about their child’s education by:
– Ensuring that the school has their most up to date contact information
– Allowing schools to gather permission(s) from parents
– Allowing parents to quickly and efficiently select preferred slots for parent teacher meetings
– Keeping parents apprised of their child’s attendance
– Keeping parents up to date on school and classroom news via noticeboard messages
– Allowing parents to view what items their child had for homework today
– Keeping parents up to date on what library book their child is currently reading and if it is due/overdue to be returned
– Allowing parents view their child’s approved report card
– Giving parents the option to opt in to share contact information with their child’s classmates’ parents via the Parent Privacy option for the class list.
– Allowing parents to view their child’s latest standardised test results
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
– Helping to improve attendance by allowing parents to keep track of any school days their child may have currently missed, along with late arrival and early leaving information.
– Helping to reduce the amount of class/school notes being sent home
– Helping the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises
– Reducing costs by eliminating the need to send school report cards by post
– Reducing costs by reducing the number of text messages that need to be sent
You can rest reassured that Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws.
You will have received a text/email message containing your registration link. There will be one link per parent which will allow the parent to access information for all their children in the school from one user account. Please do not forward this text/email or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school. During registration you will choose a password that will be used in conjunction with your email address to securely access the Aladdin Connect going forward. Once you are registered you will be sent an email with links to download the Aladdin Connect App for your mobile device. The main advantage of using the App is to receive immediate alerts for app messages sent by your school. Downloading the App is highly recommended to enhance both the parent and school’s Connect experience.
In preparation for this please let the school know if your email address or phone number has changed recently.
Please note: If there are any personal concerns, or legal provisions in place regarding giving access to Connect to any parent or guardian of your child please contact the school in confidence to discuss or restrict access as required before Thursday 2 July
Each of your children’s schools will send you out registration codes. You can use the same email address and password to register for each of your children’s Connect accounts. Once you have set up the app on your phone, you can sign in and all accounts you have registered for with this email address and password will be added.
If you have already registered and set up the app for another school
- Please sign out (on the App, click Menu and Sign Out),
- Then you can use the Add account option (at the bottom of the app sign in screen) and sign in again.
- All (subsequent) accounts you have registered for with the same email address and password will be added.
- Once you have verified your mobile number, you can stay signed in to all accounts and will be able to receive notifications for all your children in different schools.
How can I help my child keep in contact with his teacher?
Sign up to Google Classroom.
- Go the News section of this website and text the consent message to the mobile number
2. Go to the school when the lunches are being given out on Wednesdays and give consent.
What is Google Classroom
It is a way for your child to connect with their teacher, they can send messages back and forth to their teacher and classmates, access schoolwork, ask questions, hand in work and get feedback from their teacher. There is no pressure to complete any or all work. It helps your child to keep connected with the familiarity of school life, friends and teachers.
How do I minimise internet usage on my phone?
Check the website or Google Classroom every Monday, take a screenshot (press the Power button and Volume down button at same time). Consult the screenshot in your Gallery each day.
How do I use my All You Can Eat/ Unlimited Data on my phone to help my child ?
- You can connect/tether any device to your phone by creating a Hotspot.
- Go to Settings (Pull down front screen and press Settings icon)
- Go to Wireless + Networks
- Go to Tethering and Hotspot
- Turn on Wi-Fi hotspot, it will give you a Password.
- On your child’s device go to Wi-Fi, select the name of your phone and type in Password.
- You can pull down your front screen at any time, touch the Hotspot icon to turn on/off
I am still having difficulty helping my child connect with his teacher, what can I do?
Contact the school and we will do our best to help.